You don’t have to be an interior decorator to make your
apartment look fashionable and inviting. Just a few easy updates will give your
apartment a fresh, new look – and it won’t cost you a lot of time or money.
Here are 20 ways to express your style and creativity in your space:
- Update a lampshade with some paint. Use stencils
or try it freehand.
- Make your small kitchen look modern with black
and white accessories.
- Find some prints or old photos you love and
enlarge them for your walls.
- Mix up the dining room. Instead of matching
table and chairs, mix it up by finding antique chairs in a variety of styles
- Use different variations of a single color to
give your bedroom a modern, funky look.
- Put small and large accessories together in a
- Try using photo mats that are the same color as
- Put your artwork in an asymmetrical grouping.
- Add tassels to a throw pillow.
- Define your living space with a bold, circular
- Paint some old chairs a bright, vivid color
(think tangerine orange or peacock blue).
- Add some flowers to the dining room table.
- Change your standard lightbulbs to some Edison
bulbs for an industrial look.
- Add an oversized light fixture to your dining
room (think big and bold).
- Use floating shelves to display your favorite
- Twine and mini clothespins make a great way to
display photos, and you can switch them out often.
- Add some pale shades or pastels to make your
apartment feel light and airy.
- Hang photos from floor to ceiling. Use adhesive
hooks so you don’t leave marks on the wall.
- Coordinate your bathroom towels to match the rug
and shower curtain.
- Add mirrors to a small room to make it appear larger.